Posted by Ben Golliver.
- Paul Flannery of WEEI.com with a monster Doc Rivers quote about Kevin Garnett."Kevin is great. Kevin tries to help every big in here. If that big doesn't listen to him one time, he'll never speak to him again. Literally one time. That has happened a couple of times. Those two guys that he did that to are no longer here and that may be one of the reasons. That's Kevin, when you talk about the Celtic Way, whatever that is, just say Kevin Garnett, and you're pretty much there."
- Panic briefly struck in Miami Tuesday night, as LeBron James suffered leg cramps during the Heat's exhibition game against CSKA Moscow. James left the court in the third quarter and will be held out of Miami's Wednesday night game, according to ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst .
- Toronto Raptors guard Jarrett Jack has enough sneakers to outfit a family of centipedes : 600 pairs and counting.
- Conor Orr of the Star-Ledger reports that Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, often referred to as "the most interesting man in the world", is up on his nicknames. "And there was Nets shooting guard Terrence Williams, who went up to his team's new owner - one of the 40 richest men in the world, with a net worth of nearly $14 billion - and introduced himself, receiving a most familiar greeting in return."Hi, I'm Terrence Williams," he said."Hello, T-Will," Mikhail Prokhorov replied."
- CJ Hempfield from BulletsForever on Wizards center JaVale McGee during last night's Wizards/Hawks preseason game: "One disturbing trend is that JaVale McGee often appears to be flying in the opposite direction of the flight of the ball on rebound attempts."
- IndyStar.com's Mike Wells writes that Pacers lottery pick Paul George is struggling from the field because his head is spinning. "Coach Jim O'Brien said George is taking shots within the system, but George is having to soak in as much information as he can, affecting his focus while shooting."When your mind is occupied with where you're supposed to be prior to getting the ball, how to set your man up for a screen down, it can be a little overwhelming," O'Brien said. "There's so much going on in his mind that it prevents him from playing in a natural flow. When you're not playing with a natural flow, you're not going to shoot the basketball as well as you normally would."
- The Warriors like what they see from guard Monta Ellis defensively against big guards like Tyreke Evans, writes Rusty Simmons . "You have to have toughness, and I think (Ellis) has shown the ability to fight," head coach Keith Smart said. "There are going to be some guys who are just too powerful, but he is going to be able to compete against top guards in the league. We have to be creative enough to find ways to do it on the nights when he can't do it one-on-one."
- ClipperBlog : newly-healthy Blake Griffin for Rookie of the Year? Bill Simmons is pushing the same case on Twitter , calling Griffin for ROY "free money."
- Former Utah Jazz forward (and Mormon music artist ) Thurl Bailey is working with a humanitarian organization to bring basketball to the Democratic Republic of the Congo .