Posted by Tom Fornelli
Transfer Tuesday cannot be stopped, it can only be moved to another day!
After two transfers were announced earlier on Tuesday afternoon, a release from Miami on Tuesday evening says that running back Storm Johnson is no longer with the program.
“As of this afternoon, Westleigh Storm Johnson is no longer a part of the University of Miami Football program," said head coach Al Golden in a statement. "When these situations arise, we always assist the student-athlete and his family in the transfer process. We wish Storm success in all future endeavors.”
This news may not have been expected, but it's not exactly surprising either. Johnson wasn't having the best offseason as he was one of six Hurricanes suspended for the season opener against Maryland back in March, and then Johnson found himself in some more trouble in late April when he and teammates Travis Williams and Keion Payne were involved in some kind of altercation at a Miami dormitory. That run-in resulted in another suspension for Johnson. So while it's being presented as Johnson leaving on his own accord, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Al Golden gave him a nudge in this direction.
Johnson saw limited time for the Hurricanes last season, getting only 9 carries, but he did tally 119 yards on those limited carries, including a 71-yard touchdown run.