Every Monday, our weekly Recruiting Review recaps the past week's top headlines from our sister blog, Bryan Fischer's Eye on Recruiting . Enjoy:
- Weekend before last, a BadgerSports 7-on-7 event on the campus of USF brought out of some of the top athletes in Florida; Eye on Recruiting has your rundown of the standouts . Shifty, explosive running back Alton "Pig" Brown was the headliner, and looks poised to continue the recent run of highly-ranked all-purpose backs out of central Florida. Highlights of the event are available here .
- Updating the offer sheets for members of the current Maxpreps top 100 for the class of 2012. Further updates here .
- Not even the pull of in-state Texas could keep Denton defensive end Mario Edwards Jr. from following in his father's footsteps by committing to Florida State. Edwards' father, Mario Sr., starred at cornerback for Bobby Bowden's Seminoles in the 1990s.
- Is the class of 2011 finally, officially put to bed now? Maybe, after Palmdale (Calif.) defensive end Steve Dillon at long last signed his letter-of-intent with USC. Dillon became the 31st member of Lane Kiffin's supersized '11 class.
- Signing Day surprise commitment Delvon Simmons recently asked for a release from his LOI with North Carolina after a coaching change, a release Butch Davis initially said he had granted. But as of today, Simmons' high school coach says the school hasn't issued it. Stay tuned.
- This past weekend, BadgerSports 7-on-7's moved on to Las Vegas; here's a recap of the first day standouts , and here's a look at tournament champions "B2G" of California.
- Part of this morning's roundup of recruiting news included the news that Jadeveon Clowney is "on track" to qualify ... but that his academics are shaky enough that it's far from a done deal just yet. South Carolina fans shouldn't get off of their pins and needles just yet.