It's part two of our look-back on college hops in 2011. But before Gary Parrish, Jeff Goodman and myself get to talk about the memories, events and games that shaped the best of the sport this year, the big boys address, for the first time on the podcast, the Todd O'Brien situation at St. Joseph's. It's a story that continues to have legs and is in need of answers.
After that, it's the retrospective, followed by some holiday thoughts, memories, and cheer. Get some hot chocolate, throw a log on the fire and enjoy.
What to hear where:
- From the beginning: Giving Goodman and Parrish the floor to discuss and share their opinions on the Todd O'Brien/St. Joe's situation.
- 11:20: Parrish's five favorite memories of 2011. Yes, the aircraft carrier is mentioned. Yes, him getting lost on the way to the aircraft carrier is mentioned.
- 16:40: Goodman's list, which includes the mandatory memory of joining us "idiots at CBS." Tears here.
- 20:31: I listed off three of my five Monday, and so the final two are here. The Vanzant one has really stayed with me.
- 24:04: Apologize for some navel-gazing here, but I needed to point out Goodman coming aboard, Parrish actively pursuing it, and how rare that can be in this industry under the circumstances it happened.
- 27:37: The podcast gets a bow on it with Hannukah and Christmas chatter. What can I say, I can't get enough of it, and Goodman's stories of the Festival of Lights are worth sharing.
You can listen to the CBSSports.com College Basketball Podcast every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The podcasts are posted here and simultaneously through iTunes (link below). Each Wednesday CBSSports.com national writers Jeff Goodman and Gary Parrish hop on to banter and bicker. Mondays and Fridays are reserved for the most prominent voices in and around the game. Here's the iTunes subcription link. We also have an RSS feed for you to track. I don't believe they are making Zunes anymore, but nonetheless, I've been instructed to link you on how to listen via that device, too.