Posted by Bryan Fischer
The blog will be a little light today but here's plenty of links to keep you occupied. By the way, exactly two weeks until Signing Day so get excited!
- Sports Illustrated's Andy Staples takes a look at the unique names in the class of 2011, including quarterback Thor Long, defensive end God's Power Offor and defensive end Wonderful Terrific Monds.
- Some football and basketball recruiting links from around the ACC.
- TCU picked up a pair of commitments last night, flipping Brandon Carter from Oklahoma and Carter Wall from SMU.
- An update on several recruits from Georgia, including highly ranked running back Isaiah Crowell's mother saying she's, "not selling [her] son's soul to the devil," because Georgia offered a scholarship to a teammate.
- Colorado has picked up another commitment close to Signing Day in linebacker Woodson Greer. Expect Colorado to continue to raid California for players with their move to the Pac-12.
- A look at Washington commitments and targets in the wake of some updated recruiting rankings.
- USC is still a recruiting machine despite sanctions and the loss of Pete Carroll to the NFL. A focus on local talent is a big reason why Lane Kiffin and company are near the top of most recruiting rankings.
- Highly regarded cornerback Marcus Roberson committed to Texas Tech last night. But he's still open to other schools.