Posted by Bryan Fischer
Less than 24 hours before the pens meet the paper and the faxes start rolling in. Of course, there’s still a handful of players who will be committing today and after Signing Day to keep everyone on their toes.
- The nation’s top recruit, Jadeveon Clowney, is such a big deal that he doesn’t mind Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier’s calls go straight to voice mail. He’ll find time for them in between the TV appearances.
- An update on the state of recruiting in Maryland. One recruit from the area might be leaning towards Miami over Virginia and West Virginia.
- TCU’s elevated profile from a few BCS appearances has translated into recruiting classes that are competing with the rest of the Big 12.
- A defensive end committed to Mississippi State has flipped his commitment to Vanderbilt. That’s just one more hit to the Bulldogs recruiting class and the departure of defensive coordinator Manny Diaz is one reason why.
- The Hampton Roads area of Virginia is known for producing great talent and they have another in recently named Parade All-American Demetrious Nicholson.
- After a test score issue, receiver Rontavious Atkins is now headed to Western Michigan and not USF.
- Nice Q&A with Florida State commit Nick O’Leary, a tight end who is also the grandson of golfer Jack Nicklaus.
- Colorado State’s class took a big hit (literally) with the decommitment of Largo (FL) lineman Adarius Rayner.
- Nice snapshot of Georgia Tech ahead of Signing Day.
- UCLA picked up a recruit in the badly needed area of the offensive line.
- Across town, recruiting hasn’t slowed at all at USC despite the sanctions.