Early mornings, my brain seems to go haywire trying to defuse all the information that I take in while I sort through all the news, and all the extraneous garbage trying to put it in order. The coffee helps, but not enough, so this morning I thought I'd try to sort out all my question and perhaps find some answers to them...
1) Really, what is the appeal with NASCAR? Okay, so there's fast cars going around in a circle. How's that exciting watching that on the tv screen?
2) Why is it a win over the South Carolina Gamecocks, deems a college team the best? Even Steve Spurrier had questions about this season.
3) Will the Pittsburgh Pirates ever win the pennant again before I die?
4) Why is it that the media darlings always end up disappointing? A rookie Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers had all the attention on them his first year out, yet they failed to get past the Patriots. Both the Colts and the Bengals were the glamour team the next year, they never made it to the playoff. Chargers were the team to watch the year after, the Colts won the Superbowl. Even Patriots fans got tired of hearing about all Patriots, all the time. David brought down Goliath. Cowboy fans, think the attention your team is going to garner might not be a good thing?
5) Why do people get upset when the media doesn't think their team is going to win? Seriously, I love it when the majority of analysts pick against the Steelers, seems the Steelers like to prove them wrong. Alot of analysts picked the Texans to win over the Steelers. All I have to say is keeping picking against them baby.
6) Why is it that kharma comes back to bite you? Lot's of people giving Bengals fans grief about their "misfit" players, only to turn around and find that players on your own team had their own trouble with the law. Chargers fans had to hear about Merriman and his roids...oops, someone was suspended for a few weeks for HGH. Now people who've given that player grief about HGH, are seeing members of their own teams suspended for banned substances.
7) I have to clarify something before I ask this question. The other day, on a thread on the NFL board, I caught a Patriots fan yacking about how a Steelers win over the Patriots this year would be a "paper only" win, because Tom Brady went down. If this is the case, then isn't the Patriots 16-0 season paper only? After all, Troy Polamalu was out for that game and we know that no matter how great Tom is, he wasn't going to exploit Samson like he exploited Anthony Smith. Steelers were holding their own until Brady lit up Smith. Just saying....
8) Why is it a playoff team is considered a nobody, trying to take away, not only Buffalo's win but Seattle's accomplishments.
9) Why is it that fans of a team are referred to ALL fans? Seriously, I'm getting tired of hearing that ALL Steelers fans are a certain way, just like I'm getting tired of seeing ALL Patriots fans are a certain way.
10) When did we lose our common sense when it comes to elections? Some of the stuff I've been hearing simply defies logic. If Obama is a muslim, why isn't Michelle and his daughters wearing burkas?
Okay, I seriously doubt that I'll really find any answers, but I bet we can come up with some interesting reasons to this.