It's been a great season for the Jayhawks this year. There gave been several developments I would like to discuss:
1. Marcus Morris: What can I say? Did you think he would be the most improved player after last year? I sure didn't. He has been simply AMAZING this year. He has been the "MVP" of the Big XII season thus far. He is shooting for a high percentage from the field and is cleaning the glass with the best of them.
2. Cole Aldrich and Sherron Collins: I expected greatness... and have gotten... well... solid play. The Jayhawks have been able to win games with them playing sub-par (last night for example)... there is still time for them to have some big games. Need to see Cole get more agressive in the post.
3. Tennessee game: just plain ugly. That Vols team would have beat any team that afternoon. You need a game like that to build from. I think the team realized that if they don't bring it ever game... they can get beat. They have learned and improved.
4. Reed and Morningstar: The great white hope(s)? They have played MUCH better than I had expected thus far. They need to continue to hit their open shots and play smart. They have earned their spots in the rotation and I like what I've seen!!!
5. Freshman class: Dissapointing. They have played very little if at all recently. Other than the obvious (X)... don't expect them to play much.
So... with about 1/2 the conference season left... there is still a lot of basketball to play. I think this team could go down as one of the best to play for Kansas. Cole, Sherron, Marcus and X need to carry the team to the championship. I look forward to seeing how things play out.