Two elite prospects came off the board Thursday when Ryan Kelly and Jordan Hamilton announced their destinations.
Kelly is a 6-10 power forward from North Carolina ranked 11th in the Class of 2009. He picked Duke. Hamilton is a 6-7 small forward from California ranked 13th in the Class of 2009. He picked Texas. That means the Blue Devils and Longhorns now both have commitments from multiple top 20 prospects.
Here's an updated look at Scout.com's top 20 from the Class of 2009 ...
(Note: North Carolina, Duke and Texas are the only programs with multiple Top 20 prospects.)
1. Derrick Favors (uncommitted)
2. John Wall (uncommitted)
3. John Henson (committed to North Carolina)
4. Xavier Henry (uncommitted)
5. Renardo Sidney (uncommitted)
6. DeMarcus Cousins (committed to UAB)
7. Lance Stephenson (uncommitted)
8. Kenny Boynton (uncommitted)
9. Abdul Gaddy (committed to Arizona)
10. Avery Bradley (committed to Texas)
11. Ryan Kelly (committed to Duke)
12. Daniel Orton (uncommitted)
13. Jordan Hamilton (committed to Texas)
14. Alex Oriakhi (committed to Connecticut)
15. Dominic Cheek (uncommitted)
16. Wally Judge (committed to Kansas State)
17. Dante Taylor (committed to Pittsburgh)
18. Dexter Strickland (committed to North Carolina)
19. Mason Plumlee (committed to Duke)
20. Thomas Robinson (uncommitted)