1) The Tigers are even worse than I thought. I really hate to keep harping on Detroit but I watched the worst parts of their 13-2 beatdown from Chicago (the later innings were the worst) and watched a team that many favored to win the World Series fall to 0-6. In case you are wondering only two teams that started the season 0-6 have ever made the playoffs; the 74 Pirates and the 95 Reds.
If you are Detroit then you just have to look at this as a losing streak you are getting out of the way early into the season. Last year they had streaks where they lost 4 of 5, 7 of 8, and 4 of 5 in separate parts of the season and still reached the ALCS. In 2006 when they reached the World Series they had streaks where they lost 7 of 9, 4 of 5, and 9 of 12. Maybe they need to break those seasons back out and realize that this is going to happen to every MLB team this season. Put it behind them and play ball.
2) Tennessee and Stanford will meet in the women's title game on Tuesday. Stanford upset Connecticut while the Volunteers survived LSU.
3) Carl Edwards is ready to win a championship this year. Not that he hasn't been in past seasons, but after taking his third trip to Victory Lane in seven weeks I think this is his best shot yet. He dominated the race at Texas by blowing everyone except for Jimmie Johnson away.
4) Lorena Ochoa is dominating the LPGA Tour (again). She won the Kraft Nabisco Championship by five shots on Sunday
5) Huge comeback win by the Mavericks on Sunday to beat the Suns 105-98. This might be the victory that puts them in the playoffs for good (not mathematically, but more than likely they will now be in).
What to Watch for on Monday:
1) Utah-New Orleans out West in the NBA....it should be a great one.
A few Predictions for Monday:
1) New Orleans beats Utah.
2) Detroit won't lose! (Mainly because the Tigers are off Monday but it's better than a loss).
3) Almost forgot (yeah, right).....Kansas over Memphis in the national championship game!