What another great week! USC crushes OSU, Wisconsin squeaks by Fresno, Todd Reesing costs Kansas a game, and OU continues to roll. The number in parenthesis is where I ranked them last week.
1. USC(2)-The Trojans just dominated Ohio State, and I had to move them up to #1. They were able to shut down the OSU offense, and they were able to run the football up and down the field. Mark Sanchez really impressed me, and as of right now they are the best team in the country in my opinion. There USC_Viking I can admit it, this team is a really special team. Next Week: Bye
2. Georgia(1)-The Bulldogs really struggled against South Carolina, but it seems to be a yearly thing for the Dawgs to struggle with the Gamecocks. The offense struggled a bit, but the defense stepped up in a big way. Big test next week against an ASU team that will be very upset and hungry after getting embarrased against UNLV at home. Next Week: @ASU
3. Oklahoma(3)-The Sooners looked very good again. They were able to shut down Jake Locker again, and the offense went up and down the field. The 1-2 punch of Chris Brown and DeMarco Murray is one of the best in the country, and they have one of the best quarterback in the country as well. The schedule will start getting harder, but the Sooners have a bye next week. Next Week: Bye
5. LSU(5)-LSU was impressive again this week destroyed North Texas at home. They were able to run the ball very well again, and the quarterback managed the game. The defense was dominant like usual as LSU gets geared up for conference play. The Tigers better get ready for next week's game against the other Tigers from Auburn. Next Week: @Auburn
6. Missouri(6)-The Tigers offense was able to continue to roll as Chase Daniel continues to make a push for the Heisman, and Jeremy Maclin had 3 touchdowns receiving. The offense was able to roll up 651 yards, while the defense continued to improve. If the Tigers want to get by Oklahoma, they need the defense to step up. Today, they played well against a good offense, but they need to keep this up. Next Week: Buffalo
7. Wisconsin(9)-Many might say that Wisconsin wasn't that great against Fresno State, but I disagree. To go into a top 25 teams homefield in a game that is labeled "The Biggest Game in Team History" and come up with a win is impressive. The defense put together another good performance, and PJ Hill continues to roll. They have a bye next week as they get ready for Big Ten play. Next Week: Bye
9. Auburn(7)-The new offense that Auburn was supposed to have this season appears to be a dud, as they have struggled to score this season. The defense has been smashmouth like usual, but they need a good offense if they want to beat LSU next week. Next Week: LSU
10. Penn State(12)-The Nittany Lions were impressive once again blowing out the Orange, and finishing off the tenure of Greg Robinson. The offense continues to look very similar to the 05 offense led by Michael Robinson. The real season starts soon, but not next week: Next Week: Temple
11. Oregon(11)-The Ducks had to comeback to beat Purdump in West Lafeyette, and they were able to do it by running the football very well. The 1-2 punch of Blount and Johnson is really underrated, and the defense really stepped up in the 2nd half. The injury to Justin Roper is a cause for concern. Hopefully, they won't lose their starting quarterback this year like they did last year. Next Week: Boise State
12. Ohio State(8)-I under ranked OSU last week, and though they did get crushed by USC I still think this is a good football team. I believe that Tressel needs to put Terrelle Pryor in their at quarterback, and they need to get Beanie Wells back as well. The defense looked horrible as well against USC, but I expect them to improve. This team is better then what they showed last night. Next Week: Troy
13. ECU(14)-The Pirates had a little bit of trouble with Tulane, but I expected this, and if you don't believe me check out my picks in King and Sleepy's Excellent Adventure. The defense and special teams continues to make big plays, and Pickney is a playmaker at quarterback for ECU. The C-USA is tougher then people think, and ECU could possibly have a hiccup in conference. Next Week: @NC State
14. Alabama(16)-Alabama played much better this week after struggling against Tulane last week. I really love the running game they have with Glen Coffee, and Mark Ingram. John Parker Wilson seems to be playing much better this season, and the defense continues to play well as well. This team is the darkhorse in the SEC, and they start SEC play next week. Next Week: @Arkansas
15. Texas Tech(17)-Finally, Texas Tech decided to show up on both sides of the ball and it resulted in a 43-7 win. Graham Harrell continues to look great, and Michael Crabtree looked like the All-American he is. The rumor of Tech having a defense this season are true for at least this week, and we'll see if the defense can continue to improve. Next Week: Massachusetts
16. USF(22)-I was really impressed with USF this week as they were able to come from behind to beat a pretty good Kansas team. Matt Grothe looked really good, but the defense did struggle a bit, but it was against a very good offense. As of right now I have to say this is the team to beat in a very weak Big East. Next Week: FIU
17. BYU(20)-Another team that really impressed me this week. They put an absoloute beatdown on UCLA. Max Hall went off throwing for 7 touchdowns against the Bruins, and this really causes a lot of questions. Is UCLA that good? Did Tennessee just get beaten by them? What happened to BYU this week? Last week BYU got lucky on a terrible call by the officials, and this week they just destroy a decent UCLA team. Next Week: Wyoming
20. Clemson(23)-The Tigers were able to put up another good performance for a 2nd straight week. They got off to a rocky start, but they were able to recover nicely and beat NC State 27-9. The offense still hasn't showed everything that was expected from them this season, but there is still time in the season. Next Week: South Carolina State
21. Utah(NR)-Since everybody has fallen for them I guess I will as well. The Utah offense continued to look very good as they were able to run up and down the field against one of the worst D1 teams in the country. Still they looked pretty impressive. Brian Johnson had a fabulous day, as he continues to put up excellent numbers. That end of the season game against BYU should be fantastic. Next Week: @Air Force
22. Fresno State(15)-The Bulldogs were able to hang with Wisconsin at home, and they almost beat the Badgers, and they could've had it not been for a bad kicker. The running game struggled, but the passing game was pretty good. The best sign from the game is how good the defense was. They struggled a lot on defense last season, and it's good to see that they are playing much better on that side of the ball. Next Week: @Toledo
23. Illinois(24)-I guess I have to move Illinois up even though I wasn't impressed with them having trouble with Louisiana Lafeyette. Juice Williams played good as usual, but they just didn't bring their A game. If they want to contend in the Big Ten they need to play much better then this. Next Week: Bye
24. Kansas(19)-As many of you know I'm not a big fan of Kansas, but they did do enough for me to keep them in my top 25. Todd Reesing looked really good, and so did most of the Kansas offense. The Kansas defense was another story, and they really struggled with the USF offense. Kansas is better then I thought though. Next Week: Sam Houston State
25. Florida State(NR)-This was a tough pick for me, and I wasn't sure who to put here. I decided finally to go with the Seminoles who have looked excellent the first few weeks even with the suspensions they've had. Christian Ponder has looked good at quarterback, and he should look better when they return a lot of those guys from suspension. Big game next week. Next Week: Wake Forest
On the Cusp: Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, UConn, Colorado, Arizona State
Look ahead to the best games of Week 4:
LSU @ Auburn-This game could have national title implications, and it will give an edge to the team who wins this game in the SEC West.
UGA @ ASU-Will ASU be able to recover? UGA better not overlook them or they could be stunned in the desert.
Wake Forest @ Florida State-This is a big game early in the ACC. The winner will have the best chance to challenge Clemson in the ACC Atlantic division.
West Virginia @ Colorado-This will be a tough game for the sheep luvers. Colorado has played well this year, and they have a legit chance to upset WVU.
Boise State @ Oregon-Without Roper, Oregon needs to find a way to try to fight off Boise State.
Notre Dame @ Michigan State-Is Notre Dame any good? A win here, and they are a legit team in my opinion.
Virginia Tech @ North Carolina-UNC looked great against Rutgers on Thursday. VT struggled against GT, this game could possibly be an upset.
Miami(FL) @ Texas A&M-Both teams are rebuilding, and both teams need a win here.
Alabama @ Arkansas-Arkansas isn't very good, but I think this game is closer then people think.
- Mark Sanchez(USC)-He has to be #1. He put up a great performance in the national spotlight, and he's the man to beat as of right now.
- Chase Daniel(Missouri)-He's putting up the stats, but his team now has to win Big XII.
- Tim Tebow(Florida)-Tebow hasn't put up the numbers he did last year, and he had a bye this week.
- Patrick Pickney(ECU)-The guy probably won't win the Heisman, but he should be in the discussion early.
- Knowshon Moreno(Georgia)-It was his heart that lifted UGA over South Carolina.
Best of the rest: PJ Hill(Wisconsin), Sam Bradford(Oklahoma), Michael Crabtree(Texas Tech), Jeremy Maclin(Missouri), Juice Williams(Illinois), Colt McCoy(Texas), Max Hall(BYU), Pat White(WVU), Percy Harvin(Florida), Evan Royster(Penn State), Chris 'Beanie' Wells(Ohio State)
BCS Bowl Predictions:
BCS National Championship Game: UGA vs USC
Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs Oregon
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs West Virginia
Sugar Bowl: Florida vs Missouri
Orange Bowl: Wake Forest vs ECU