1. Liverpool FC: Its our time! After 19 long years, Liverpool will be champions this year. I'm convinced.Keane is 7, Gerrard is 8, Torres is 9, its a perfect match! Its going to be one hell of a year. Rafa's got the talent, now its up to him to do the job. And dont forget, Gareth Barry is still an option. I might be making my first trip to Anfield after years of loving this team, and I think its the best time to do it. We have a championship team. I think this is honestly the best all around Liverpool team since the end of the 80's. Even better than the (technical) Treble team in '01, and the Euro team of '05. Look for Liverpool not only to win the league but to win Europe as well.
2. Manchester United: Manchester United is interesting. They have the good mix of youth (Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, etc.) and Veteran presence (Neville, Rio, Giggsy) but I think even they're sick of themselves. Every year they win something, give someone else a freakin' chance Man U. When was the last time you saw a team like Spurs, or Everton, or even LIVERPOOL (my Reds), win the league?? Its because United owns the world. Its Liverpool's time.
3. Chelsea: Chelsea have improved big time this offseason. They kept Drogba and Frank Lampard and also added Deco, and Ivanović. Scolari is a good hire. Avram Grant had no personality managing a team in a city that needs their managers to have personality. Not only does Scolari have personality, he's a good manager. He managed some of the world's best in Portugal. He's gotta manage one of the worlds most popular teams with many clashing superstars where some fit in (Terry, Lampard, Drogba, the core) and some dont (Ballack, Sheva). Good luck! This will hold Chelsea back and probably drop them to third.
4. Tottenham Hotspur: Thats right! Not Arsenal! Its Tottenham Hotspur, baby! They got rid of good players (KEANO!!!! and Paul Robinson) but they kept one of my favorite players in Dimitar Berbatov, they added a fantastic keeper IMO in Gomes, and they got Modric and Dos Santos over all the slightly bigger clubs. In contrast, Arsenal lost a good part of their team. Its Spurs turn to finally join the top 4.
5. Arsenal: They're not bad. They're still one of the best teams. But they lost Hleb and Lehman and are a fairly young side. They got the gifted Welshman in Ramsey and Theo and of course Fabregas but its not enough for Arsenal this year. Spurs are better.
6. Portsmouth: The defending FA Cup winners are the leagues most underrated team because they play down south and have little money and few fans but they got some legit talent. I think this will be their breakout year now that Crouch is in the Portsmouth fold. He will make a huge difference and they will have a good season with him, Sol, DJ, and the rest of this solid team.