LOCK THREAD CONCEPT -
This thread has been created for all of us to share our expertise with everyone else to benefit the group.
THIS IS NOT A PICKING CONTEST!
PLEASE make special note of this!!! If you have an area of expertise - Pac-10, NBA, Soccer, MLB, Big East, NHL, etc. - please make some LOCK choices from your area of expertise when you have a game you are confident enough in to call it a "LOCK". The difference between a PICK and a LOCK is that a PICK is a game you like, a LOCK is a game that you KNOW. We are here to help each other win. If you are claiming your choice is a LOCK, and you really have NO true knowledge of that game, then you are just cheating us and posting your PICK just for attention and to see your name on the board.
We take it upon ourselves to donate our time and track everybody's LOCK every day, as long as you agree to do your part by doing a few simple things. We will not track your LOCKs if you do not follow these rules. You are welcome to still post your PICK or card, but unless you do the things below, we won't be putting your LOCK on the spreadsheet.
- Post only 1 LOCK per day. You may post a MAXIMUM of 4 LOCKS per week. A week starts on Monday, and ends on Sunday. Choose NCAA, NBA, NFL, or NHL. You do not have to stay in one sport. Spread them around if you like.
- No "buying" points for LOCKS.
- We want the LOCKS posted early enough so we can all benefit . If the LOCK is not posted within 30 minutes of the scheduled CBS start time the LOCK will not count.
- No other "line-manipulations: like teasers, etc
- 1st Q, 1st half or mini lines are OK. No second half or quarter lines. Time constraints make second half lines too tough to track.
- No parlays. Period.
- Props are OK as long as you give a site where we can check the line.
- Hockey, baseball, and soccer plays need to be -129 or better. No HUGE favorites for LOCKS. Anything -130 and over, take the -1.5 goals or runs if you feel like it is still a LOCK.
- Do not try to cheat on lines. We, as a group, are all over the lines and every time someone gives a stinky spread, it is always called out. If the line is off, the LOCK doesn't go into the spreadsheet.
- LOCKs MUST be posted 30 minutes before the time CBS says the game is set to go off, anything less than 30 minutes the LOCK will not count.
You must give an original explanation as to why you KNOW this LOCK will win. And don't just "stat" us to death. Tell us about the game. And if you are going to try and fool us by cutting and pasting from another website, at least figure out how to remove all the HTML and other garbage. People on this thread are all over the internet and will find your plagiarism. I guarantee it. You can use Last 10, ATS, etc., numbers to support your argument, but stats from a gambling website are not an explanation. They are stats that any of us can get anywhere on the internet. Also, how about if you have actually SEEN the team play that you pick. I'd say that if you haven't seen a team play at least a few times, you can't really be an expert on the said team.
FOLLOW THESE RULES AND YOUR LOCK WILL GET TRACKED
Thank you for your understanding and your help in keeping this thread for the benefit of everybody, not just a place for you to blather out random picks and toot your own horn.
Good luck today and let's work together to win some cash!
LOCK - Washington/Washington State under 131Tail