|How's Giancarlo Stanton recovering from his scary spring injury? (Getty Images)|
How's Marlins masher Giancarlo Stanton recovering from his scary spring-training beaning? We've got that and more as we round up injury news from Cactus and Grapefruit League camps ...
- Angels: Reliever Scott Downs is limited by lower-back stiffness, but he's confident the injury won't affect his status for opening day. (MLB.com)
- Brewers: Despite some optimism on the part of outfielder Corey Hart, manager Ron Roenicke still expects him to be out until late May after undergoing knee surgery in January. (MLB.com) ... Right-hander Wily Peralta was limited very early in camp by some minor shoulder discomfort, but he impressed with his bullpen session on Thursday and should be ready to throw live batting practice soon. (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel)
- Cardinals: Because of a sore throwing elbow, switch-hitting shortstop Rafael Furcal is limited to batting from the right side only for the time being. He's also not able to throw at full strength yet. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) ... Right-hander Shelby Miller (shoulder tightness) has been cleared to throw off flat ground and could be back on a mound as early as Friday. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Mariners: Infielders Dustin Ackley and Brendan Ryan, who are each recovering from minor offseason surgical procedures, are likely to be held out of the first three games of the spring. (Greg Johns, Twitter)
- Marlins: Good news for outfielder Giancarlo Stanton, as the slugger showed no lingering effects from his Wednesday beaning. He's expected to be in the lineup on Saturday. (Palm Beach Post)
- Nationals: 3B Ryan Zimmerman has been limited thus far because of offseason shoulder surgery, but he's slated to take live bp on Friday. (Nats Insider)
- Red Sox: 1B Mike Napoli (hip) may be ready for spring-game action by the end of next week. (Boston Herald) ... As for David Ortiz (Achilles), he still has no clear time table. (Peter Abraham, Twitter)
- Royals: CF Lorenzo Cain suffered a strained right hand early in camp, and he'll test that hand on Saturday when he takes batting practice on Saturday. If all goes well, he could be in the lineup on Monday. (Kansas City Star)
- Tigers: DH Victor Martinez, who's on the mend after missing the entire 2012 season with a knee injury, is, in the words of Jim Leyland "100 percent" and will be in the lineup on Friday. (Detroit Free Press)
- Twins: 3B Trevor Plouffe (calf) might still miss the first handful of spring games, but he was able to increase his activity level on Thursday. (Minneapolis Star-Tribune)
For more baseball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnBaseball on Twitter, subscribe to the RSS feed and "like" us on Facebook. Also, individually interact with us on Twitter: @MattSnyder27, @daynperry and @mikeaxisa.