We've already learned that Brett Lawrie has been forced out of the WBC and that Rafael Furcal will miss the entirety of the 2013 season. Now let's check on other injury-related news from around Cactus League and Grapefruit League camps ...
- Diamondbacks: OF Tony Campana will be sidelined about a week after cutting his hand during an attempted steal of second base. He required eight stitches to close the wound. (Nick Piecoro via Twitter)
- Dodgers: Recent reports have it that OF Carl Crawford (elbow) won't be ready for opening day, but he takes exception to such talk. "I haven't accepted that at all," Crawford said on Thursday. "I don't know who is putting that stuff out there. Even with a slower approach, there's still a chance I'll be ready." (MLB.com) ... RHP Zack Greinke, who was forced to miss his last scheduled start because of the flu, will take the mound on Monday. (MLB.com)
- Giants: RHP Tim Lincecum was scratched for a second time because of a blister on his finger. He hasn't seen game action since Feb. 26, but manager Bruce Bochy says he's not worried. (San Jose Mercury News)
- Mariners: Ace Felix Hernandez (elbow) made his spring debut on Thursday, as he worked two innings against the Royals. Over that span, King Felix struck out two, walked none and gave up one run on two hits. Of his 33 pitches, 19 went for strikes. According to in-game data, his fastball sat between 91 and 92 miles per hour.
- Mets: RHP Jenrry Mejia, who was forced to leave camp earlier this week, is free to return to full baseball activities after his thyroid checked out … Elsewhere, closer Frank Francisco (elbow) hopes to throw from a mound on Saturday. (MLB.com) … RHP Zack Wheeler threw from a mound for the first time since suffering an oblique strain more than a week ago. (ESPN New York)
- Pirates: 1B Garrett Jones was scratched Thursday because of a strained oblique. He may sit out the next handful of games as a precaution. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
- Red Sox: Manager John Farrell says lefty reliever Craig Breslow (shoulder) will probably open the season on the disabled list. Fellow lefty Franklin Morales, who's been limited by lower back pain, might also be on the DL to start the regular season. (Boston Globe) … While David Ortiz (Achilles) continues to make progress, he says he won't be able to play unless his current level of soreness improves. (WEEI)
- Yankees: SS Derek Jeter, who's working his way back from a leg fracture suffered during the ALCS, has been cleared to resume all baseball activities. (Joel Sherman via Twitter) … RP Clay Rapada has been shut down for the next seven to 10 days because of bursitis in his throwing shoulder. (Joel Sherman via Twitter)
For more baseball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnBaseball on Twitter, subscribe to the RSS feed and "like" us on Facebook. Also, individually interact with us on Twitter: @MattSnyder27, @daynperry and @mikeaxisa.