For the ninth time this season, the San Francisco Giants went into extra innings on Saturday. It came against the Colorado Rockies. And the Rockies took a 5-4 lead in the top of the 10th inning on a solo homer off the bat of Troy Tulowitzki.
That was only the 17th walkoff, inside-the-park home run in baseball since 1945 (which is as far as that data goes back on Baseball-Reference.com -- and a big thanks to @GiantsNirvana on Twitter for tweeting out the link to the list).
Here are the previous walkoff, inside-the-park jobs:
- Pete Reiser, Dodgers, 5/11/1946
- Hoot Evers, Tigers, 6/23/1950
- Johnny Callison, Phillies, 6/11/1965
- Dick Allen, Phillies, 8/1/1966
- Paul Schaal, Angels, 8/2/1966
- Reggie Jackson, Athletics, 8/22/1971
- Ted Sizemore, Cardinals, 8/7/1972
- Richie Hebner, Pirates, 9/3/1973
- Toby Harrah, Rangers, 4/11/1977
- Amos Otis, Royals, 5/12/1978
- Willie Wilson, Royals, 6/9/1979
- Bob Dernier, Phillies, 5/15/1989
- Marquis Grissom, Expos, 8/1/1994
- Bobby Abreu, Phillies, 8/27/2000
- Ken Griffey Jr., Reds, 8/20/2001
- Rey Sanchez, Devil Rays, 6/11/2004
So add Pagan's name to that rather exclusive group. Just a hunch, but that'll probably be the rareest achievement of the weekend.