No charges brought against Canseco following rape investigation

By Mike Axisa | Baseball Writer

Jose Canseco was recently investigated for sexual assault. (USATSI)
Jose Canseco was recently investigated for sexual assault. (USATSI)

More MLB: Scoreboard | Standings | Probable Pitchers | Sortable Stats | Odds

Las Vegas police will not seek criminal charges against Jose Canseco following a sexual assault investigation, reports the Associated Press. A spokesperson said the case is closed.

Canseco, 48, passed a pair of polygraph tests as part of the investigation. He told the AP he was victimized by the allegation and intends to sue his accuser.

"She alleged I drugged her and raped her," he said. "It was an outright lie. I proved it by taking two lie detector tests. I am the victim here."

Canseco drew some ire for posting the accuser's name and personal information on Twitter back in March following the allegation. The information was later removed.

Earlier this spring, Canseco played a few games with the independent Fort Worth Cats as a player/manager. He went through Chapter 7 bankrupcy liquidation in Las Vegas last year.

CBSSports Facebook Google Plus
COMMENTS
Conversation powered by Livefyre

mlb Video

February 27, 2015
A-Rod talks about his return to the baseball field (1:22)
February 27, 2015
This Week in (Dumb) Baseball: Burning bridges
(2:45)
February 27, 2015
NL West position battles
(2:40)
February 27, 2015
Boomer & Carton: Hamilton likely to get 25-game ban
(0:58)

Latest

Most Popular

CBSSports.com Shop