Remember former U.S. major-leaguer Matt Murton? He's been raking in Japan since 2011, and just this week he provided rooters of the Hanshin Tigers with a late-inning thrill. Dig it ...
So much to like about this. For instance ...
- True submariner on the mound;
- Home run by a redhead;
- "Sayonara home run!";
- Scorsese-like jump cuts;
- Possible smile by the victimized pitcher;
- U.S.-style home-plate celebration scrum;
- Team-wide, coordinated dance move;
- "Gameset," which should absolutely be a stateside walk-off broadcast call;
- Ceremonial bow, mascots included.
Baseball, you see, is awesome everywhere.
(Wink of CBS eye: @cwyers)