Monday was a fairly active one in terms of actual news and hot stove rumors, so let's recap all you need to know for the day that was ...
- Rockies: The Rockies have inked RP LaTroy Hawkins to a contract that will pay him at least $2.5 million over one year. He'll serve as their closer to start 2014.
- Dodgers: RHP Bronson Arroyo tells Jim Bowden that he has yet to receive an offer but has been contacted by the Dodgers, Twins, Orioles, Phillies and Angels ... Heyman tweets that the Dodgers have interest in re-upping with 3B Juan Uribe. Uribe, however, is seeking a three-year deal.
- Phillies - Per Rosenthal, the Phillies have interest in trading for Angels OF Pete Bourjos.
- Rockies: Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors reports that RHP Roy Oswalt wants to pitch again in 2014 and is willing to consider a bullpen role ... Troy Renck tweets that the Rox are open to signing LHP Jorge De La Rosa to a contract extension.
- Yankees: Heyman reports that the Yankees and free agent 2B Robinson Cano are still about $150 million apart in their negotiations. Cano is believed to be seeking a deal worth more than $300 million ... The Yanks are reportedly interested in free agent infielder Jhonny Peralta ... According to the New York Post, the Yankees may have interest in bringing back DH Raul Ibanez.
- Padres: The team announced that in 2014 Dave Roberts will serve as Bud Black's bench coach and Jose Valentin will be first base coach.
- Pirates: Have promoted Jeff Branson to hitting coach.
- Tigers: Omar Vizquel will be the team's first base coach next season under first-year manager Brad Ausmus.