The Winter Meetings are getting underway in Orlando, and we'll be here throughout the week to keep you posted on anything and everything. As for Sunday, it was mostly a day of scuttle, so let's recap what you need to know ...
RUMORS & SPECULATION
- Chase Headley: The White Sox have long been interested in acquiring the Padres' third baseman, but, as Dan Hayes of CSN Chicago writes, there probably won't be a deal if the Pads insist on receiving lefty Jose Quintana in return.
- Masahiro Tanaka: According to Ben Badler of Baseball America, the president of the Rakuten Eagles has told Japanese media that Tanaka will likely be posted if the coveted right-hander says he wants to be made available to MLB teams.
- Delmon Young: Young is working out at first base in an effort to make himself more appealing on the market, tweets Ken Rosenthal.
- Mariners: Will Geoff Baker's front-office expose affect Seattle's ability to attract additional free agents? It's not out of the question ... Heyman tweets that Nick Franklin is among the young Mariner players who's likely to be moved in a trade for frontline veteran help.
- Mets: Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that the Mets may be willing to trade Daniel Murphy and give the every-day second base job to Eric Young Jr. ... Andy Martino tweets that the Mets would prefer to trade Ike Davis rather than Lucas Duda ... Jorge Castillo of the Newark Star-Ledger writes that the Mets have inquired about Johan Santana.
- Nationals: Sources tell Bill Ladson of MLB.com that the Nats are interested in lefty relievers like Oliver Perez, J.P. Howell, Boone Logan and Scott Downs. The Nationals also may have their eye on John Buck as backup catcher. Back on the lefty reliever front, Ken Rosenthal tweets that Eric O'Flaherty may also be a potential target.
- Orioles: Our man Heyman tweets that the O's haven't ruled out a run at a pricey outfielder like Shin-Soo Choo or Nelson Cruz ... Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that the O's may have an eye on reliever Chris Perez, formerly of the Indians.
- Padres: Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that the Pads may shop Kyle Blanks, Jesus Guzman or Alexi Amarista in exchange for help in the bullpen.
- White Sox: Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that the Sox will not be trading lefty ace Chris Sale.
- Yankees: Chad Jennings of LoHud.com writes that the Yankees have been receiving calls on outfielder Brett Gardner, which is no surprise. The Yankees have also reportedly been trying to interest teams in fellow outfielder Ichiro Suzuki ... Per Heyman, the Yanks have also "checked in" on Mike Pelfrey.