The big news Saturday was of the course the Rangers' agreeing to terms with Shin-Soo Choo on a seven-year, $130-million pact. While making note of that whopper, let's also have a look at everything else you need to know for Dec. 21 ...
SIGNINGS AND AGREEMENTS
- Diamondbacks: Signed catcher Henry Blanco to a minor-league contract ... Also signed INF Andy Marte to a minor-league deal.
- Giants: Have sold the rights of infielder Brett Pill to the KIA Tigers of Korea. Pill subsequently agreed to terms with KIA on a one-year deal.
- Rangers: Agreed to terms with OF Shin-Soo Choo on a seven-year, deal worth $130 million, as our own Jon Heyman reported.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, ETC.
- Orioles: If the O's don't wind up finding a closer on the free agent or trade market (Fernando Rodney or Jonathan Papelbon, for instance), then they may give the job to right-hander Tommy Hunter ... MASN's Roch Kubatko posits that Ryan Flaherty is the favorite to be the team's second baseman this season.
- Reds: GM Walt Jocketty reiterated that Billy Hamilton will likely open the season as the starting center fielder now that Shin-Soo Choo has signed elsewhere. (John Fay, Cincinnati Enquirer) ... Our own Mike Axisa recently wrote about Hamilton's near-term outlook.