Retired Braves third baseman and future Hall of Famer Chipper Jones loves the outdoors and he's made no secret of it over the years. He loves to hunt and fish and all sorts of outdoorsy stuff.
On Wednesday, his outdoors skills let him down when he accidentally lit the woods outside his house on fire:
Lol. Tried to do my daily chores and cleaned out the fireplace. Went and dumped the ashes. Alls good right? Nope. Set the woods on fire! Ugh— Chipper Jones (@RealCJ10) January 23, 2014
I got firefighters all over my place! Thank you Roswell Fire Dept.— Chipper Jones (@RealCJ10) January 23, 2014
I know it's the middle of winter and freezing outside, but if the ground is dry enough a fire can still spread pretty quickly. That appears to have happened here. Here's a photo from Chipper's lady friend:
That's not as bad as the time a Triple-A team started a fire with postgame fireworks, but it's close.
(h/t Sporting News)