As noted last week (see handy link above!), MLB.com was the first major outlet to publish its annual top prospects in all of baseball list, and Twins farmhand Byron Buxton was at the top. Monday, Baseball Prospectus published its list, and Buxton again came out on top.
Along with outstanding defense, per scouting reports, Buxton hit .334/.424/.520 with 19 doubles, 18 triples, 12 home runs, 77 RBI, 109 runs and 55 stolen bases between Class-A and High-A. He'll likely start at Double-A this season.
Baseball Prospectus' Jason Parks ranked the top 101 prospects. For the full list, head on over to their site. Here's the top 10:
2. Xander Bogaerts, SS, Red Sox
3. Oscar Taveras, CF, Cardinals
4. Javier Baez, SS, Cubs
5. Carlos Correa, SS, Astros
6. Francisco Lindor, SS, Indians
7. Addison Russell, SS, Athletics
8. Taijuan Walker, SP, Mariners
9. Archie Bradley, SP, Diamondbacks
10. Kevin Gausman, SP, Orioles
Buxton, Bogaerts, Taveras, Baez, Correa, Lindor, Walker and Bradley each appeared in both top 10s.
In the BP list, the Twins had the most entrants with eight while the Cubs, Rangers and Pirates all had seven. Click here for the full organizational breakdown.