On the MLB hot stove front, here's all that's worth knowing for Friday, Feb. 7 ...
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Athletics: Have agreed to terms of OF Coco Crisp on a two-year contract extension. The deal is worth a reported $22.75 million guaranteed plus a vesting option for a third year.
- Brewers: Are set to sign RHP Francisco Rodriguez to a one-year deal worth $3.25 million plus another $550,000 in potential incentives.
- Diamondbacks: Agreed to terms with RHP Bronson Arroyo on a two-year deal that will pay him a mininum of $23.5 million and includes an option for 2016.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, ETC.
- Dan Wheeler: The 36-year-old reliever has decided to retire from baseball. (Chris Cotillo via Twitter)
- Joel Zumaya: The 29-year-old reliever has decided to retire from baseball. (Chris Cotillo via Twitter)
- Yankees: Andrew Marchand and Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York write that the the Yanks are expected to spend up to $18 million on the international free agent market this summer despite facing penalties if they exceed just $2 million ... 3B Alex Rodriguez voluntarily withdrew his suit against MLB and the MLBPA. This means that A-Rod will likely serve his full-season suspension without further fight.