SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Giants: Have signed OF Tyler Colvin to a minor-league contract. Jon Heyman reports that Colvin will make $1 million this season if he makes the Giants' roster.
- Yankees: Have reportedly agreed to terms with often-injured reliever Andrew Bailey on an incentive-heavy minor-league contract.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, ETC.
- Ervin Santana: Our own Jon Heyman writes that the Rangers, Blue Jays and Orioles all have serious interest in the free agent right-hander. FoxSports.com's Ken Rosenthal adds that one source says Santana would be more likely to sit out until June rather than sign a deep-discount contract like Nelson Cruz just did. After the June draft, signing a player who was made a qualifying offer, as Santana was, no longer entails the loss of a draft pick.
- Rockies: MGR Walt Weiss announced that Carlos Gonzalez will remain in left field this season. The center field job will likely go to one of Drew Stubbs, Charlie Blackmon, Corey Dickerson or Brandon Barnes. (Thomas Harding via Twitter)
- Cardinals: Have shut down LHP Jaime Garcia because of shoulder discomfort. He's now doubtful for opening day ... RHP Jason Motte (Tommy John surgery) is slated to throw from a mound next week. (Jennifer Langosch, MLB.com)
- Rangers: C Geovany Soto will be sidelined the next three weeks after undergoing surgery to remove a bone in his left foot. The team, however, expects him to be ready for opening day. (Evan Grant, Dallas Morning News) … 2B Jurickson Profar (shoulder) has been cleared to begin swinging the bat. (Evan Grant via Twitter)