The Yankees were on the road in Dunedin to play a Grapefruit League game against the Blue Jays on Sunday afternoon, a game they won on the strength of a Carlos Beltran home run (video above). Following the game, the players had to scramble in the clubhouse following a dryer fire:
There was a minor dryer fire in Yankee clubhouse in Dunedin. Carlos Beltran said the clubhouse got smoky & players gathered their stuff...— Daniel Barbarisi (@DanBarbarisi) March 2, 2014
...but didn't actually evacuate. Said they got freaked out for a few minutes but it ended up being no big deal.— Daniel Barbarisi (@DanBarbarisi) March 2, 2014
There are actually conflicting reports about the situation -- others say the players did indeed grab their stuff and evacuate the smoky clubhouse after the game.
Either way, the good news is that everyone is okay. Except the dryer. Not sure if it made it out alive.