On the MLB hot stove front, here's all that's worth knowing for Tuesday, March 11 ...
- Our man in the chopper has the latest on 14 MLBers who could be -- or already are -- the subject of trade talks. The list is headlined by Jeff Samardzija of the Cubs ... Elsewhere, Heyman reports that the Blue Jays and Orioles still have interest in signing free agent RHP Ervin Santana, who's believed to prefer a one-year contract for 2014.
RUMORS, SPECULATION & NEWS
- Angels: Released LHP Mark Mulder, who was attempting a comeback at age 37. However, earlier this spring an Achilles' injury ended his bid.
- Indians: RHP Justin Masterson will be the team's opening day starter.
- Angels: OF Josh Hamilton (calf) is not expected to see game action until Sunday at the earliest. He's yet to play this spring. While there's still time for Hamilton to round into regular-season shape, further setbacks could put his opening day status in doubt. (Jeff Fletcher, Orange County Register)
- Cardinals: Top prospect Oscar Taveras has been working his way back from ankle surgery, and he's also been limited lately by a tight hamstring. As such, he's almost certainly ticketed for the minors to start the season. (Derrick Goold, St. Louis Post-Dispatch)