On the MLB hot stove front, here's all that's worth knowing for Thursday, March 9 ...
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales: Scott Boras, agents to both Drew and Morales, says his two clients are willing to wait until after the June draft to sign so that the signing team will no longer have to give up a compensatory draft pick.
- Orioles: Have optioned rehabbing right-hander Dylan Bundy (Tommy John surgery) to Double-A.
- Phillies: Have released C Lou Marson.
- Athletics: RHPs Jarrod Parker (forearm) and A.J. Griffin (elbow) will each be examined by doctors in the coming days. Both Parker and Griffin, if healthy, are expected to be members of the rotation.
- Braves: RHP Brandon Beachy will visit Dr. James Andrews on Monday and may be facing a second Tommy John surgery ... C Evan Gattis has revealed that underwent knee surgery last October. That's why the Braves have been limiting his time behind the plate this spring. (David O'Brien, Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
- Dodgers: RHP Josh Beckett was forced from his Friday start because of ongoing issues with his sprained thumb. MLB.com's Ken Gurnick tweets that Beckett says his thumb is no better and no worse than it was when he first suffered the injury 10 days ago.
- Phillies: LHP Cole Hamels (shoulder) said he felt good after his most recent bullpen session and is slated to throw again on Sunday. He'll open the regular season on the disabled list. (Jim Salisbury, CSN Philly)