RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Astros: GM Jeff Luhnow says that if the team plays well, then he may not move any veterans at the trade deadline. (Evan Drellich, Houston Chronicle)
- Dodgers: According to Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times, Josh Beckett has beaten out Paul Maholm for the Dodgers' fifth starter job.
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Phillies: Have re-signed INF Ronny Cedeno to a minor-league contract. The Phillies released Cedeno last Tuesday.
- White Sox: Have re-signed RHP Mitchell Boggs to a minor-league deal a week after releasing him.
- Braves: LHP Mike Minor (urethra surgery, shoulder) made his first appearance of the spring on Sunday. As MLB.com's Joe Morgan notes, Minor worked 1 1/3 scoreless against a lineup of Braves' "futures." He's expected to miss at least the first two weeks of the season as he rounds into regular-season shape. The Braves, who've already lost starters Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy to Tommy John surgery this spring, badly need a healthy Minor for the bulk of 2014.