Here's all that's worth knowing for Sunday, March 30 (click here for today's scores) ...
- Yankees, Twins: The Yanks sent INF Eduardo Nunez to the Twins in exchange for minor-league lefty Miguel Sulbaran.
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Marlins: Signed RHP Micah Owings to a minor-league contract. (Chris Cotillo via Twitter)
- Red Sox: Signed INF Ryan Roberts to an MLB deal. The contract will pay him $1 million plus up to $250,000 in incentives (our own Jon Heyman)
- White Sox: Also from Heyman, the White Sox have agreed to terms with RHP Tommy Hanson on a minor-league contract.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Dodgers: According to FoxSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the sticking point in negotiations between the Dodgers and SS Hanley Ramirez on a long-term deal is the length of the contract. Any deal would likely pay Ramirez between $22-25 million per season, but the two sides aren't yet in agreement on how many years such a deal would cover
- Yankees: You can also count the Yanks among those with some interest in Joel Hanrahan. (Andy Martino via Twitter)
- Royals: 2B Omar Infante was struck in the face by a Heath Bell pitch on Monday night. He was being examined for a broken jaw, and he also may have suffered a concussion. ... The Royals have placed lefty relievers Tim Collins (elbow inflammation) and Francisley Bueno (sprained finger) on the 15-day DL.
- Yankees: 1B Mark Teixeira, who was placed on the DL over the weekend, has been diagnosed with a Grade 1 strain of his right hamstring and has been cleared to begin an exercise program. He's hoping to come off the DL after the minimum stay. (Bryan Hoch, MLB.com) ... The Yanks have placed closer David Robertson on the DL with a Grade 1 groin strain.