Here's all that's worth knowing for Monday, April 14 (click here for today's scores) ...
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Padres: Have agreed to a six-year, $35-million contract extension with 2B Jedd Gyorko.
- White Sox: Have signed RHP Frank Francisco to a minor-league contract.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Braves: David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that LHP Mike Minor (shoulder) is tentatively scheduled to rejoin the rotation against the Marlins on April 23 or the Reds on April 25, assuming all goes well with his final minor-league rehab start. Minor is coming off a 2013 season in which he pitched to a 3.21 ERA (121 ERA+) in 204 2/3 innings pitched ... O'Brien also writes that RHP Gavin Floyd (Tommy John surgery) is about two weeks away from being activated ... CL Craig Kimbrel is day-to-day with a sore shoulder (Kevin McAlpin via Twitter).
- Phillies: RHP A.J. Burnett has an inguinal hernia, which will eventually require surgery, but he's going to attempt to pitch through this season before undergoing that surgery. (Matt Gelb, Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Reds: CL Aroldis Chapman threw from a mound for the first time since being struck in the face by a line drive late in spring training. He'll throw additional bullpen sessions before progressing to the next step in his recovery. (Mark Sheldon, MLB.com)