Here's all that's worth knowing for Wednesday, May 14 (click here for today's scores) …
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Braves: For the time being, the Braves will stick with a six-man rotation of Julio Teheran, Ervin Santana, Mike Minor, Gavin Floyd, Aaron Harang and Alex Wood. Wood sat out his last turn but will start Saturday against the Cardinals. The remaining starters will then take their turns. (Mark Bowman, MLB.com)
- Cubs: Have activated RHP Jose Veras from the DL.
- Dodgers: Have activated C A.J. Ellis from the DL.
- Indians: OF Michael Brantley left Wednesday's game with tightness in his back. He's day-to-day until further notice.
- Phillies: Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez, the Cuban right-hander whom the Phils signed last August, is ready to begin a minor-league rehab assignment. He's been shut down since the spring because of shoulder discomfort. (Chris Branch, Delware Online)
- Rangers: LHP Martin Perez has been placed on the DL with what turned out to be a partially torn UCL. He could be facing Tommy John surgery ... LHP Matt Harrison has been placed on the DL with a lower back injury. He could be facing spinal-fusion surgery that could jeopardize his career.