Here's all that's worth knowing for Tuesday, May 27 (click here for today's scores) …
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Mariners: CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman reports that OF Xavier Nady has signed a minor-league deal with the M's.
- Royals: Heyman also reports that the Royals have signed C Max Ramirez to a minor-league contract.
- Dodgers: Hot-hitting OF Carl Crawford injured his left ankle against the Reds on Tuesday night. As you can see, it wasn't especially pretty ...
So ... Carl Crawford's ankle: pic.twitter.com/miYSuzrJNU— Chad Moriyama (@ChadMoriyama) May 28, 2014
X-rays taken afterward were negative, but Crawford says he's headed for the DL (source: Bill Shaikin via Twitter). If that's the case then Matt Kemp could see time in left field sooner than anticipated ... SS Hanley Ramirez was back in the Dodger lineup Tuesday night after missing four games with a calf injury.
- Mariners: LHP James Paxton has been shut down with shoulder inflammation.
- Mets: RHP prospect Noah Syndergaard has no structural damage in his injured right elbow ... C Travis d'Arnaud is expected to return to the lineup Wednesday after missing two weeks with a concussion. (Adam Rubin, ESPN New York)
- Royals: RHP Yordano Ventura underwent an MRI on his balky right elbow, and no damage was found. He's expected to miss only one start ... Top pitching prospect Kyle Zimmer won't throw for the next six to eight weeks because of a lat injury.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Red Sox: WEEI's Rob Bradford writes that the Sox are seeking outfield help on the trade market. In particular, they're interested in someone who can man center on at least an occasional basis.