All you need to know: MLB news and rumors roundup for Dec. 18
Let's recap all that's worth knowing from a pretty busy Wednesday on the hot stove front.
Wednesday was indeed a busy one when it comes to offseason goings-on, so let's run down all the hot stove news and scuttle you need to know for Dec. 18 ...
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Luke Scott : The veteran 1B/OF/DH signed with the SK Wyverns in Korea.
- Los Angeles Angels : Agreed to terms with free agent DH Raul Ibanez on a one-year contract.
- Cubs: Have signed LHP Jonathan Sanchez to a minor-league contract.
- Arizona Diamondbacks : Agreed to terms with 3B Eric Chavez on a new contract, likely for one year.
- Seattle Mariners : Finalized a one-year contract with OF Franklin Gutierrez .
- Miami Marlins : Have agreed to terms with IF Casey McGehee on a one-year contract.
- San Diego Padres : Have agreed to terms with reliever/closer Joaquin Benoit on a two-year contract.
- Houston Astros -Padres: The Astros acquire 1B Jesus Guzman from the Padres in exchange for minor-league SS/3B Ryan Jackson .
- Atlanta Braves - Minnesota Twins : Atlanta gets C/OF Ryan Doumit from the Twins in exchange for lefty prospect Sean Gilmartin.
- Cleveland Indians - Colorado Rockies : Colorado acquired OF Drew Stubbs from the Indians in exchange for LHP Josh Outman .
- Baltimore Orioles - Kansas City Royals : Baltimore acquires OF David Lough from the Royals in exchange for 3B Danny Valencia .
- Boston Red Sox -Rockies: Boston sent LHP Franklin Morales and RHP Chris Martin to Colorado for IF Jonathan Herrera .
RUMORS, SPECULATION, ETC.
- Ryan Madson: The former closer is holding private workouts for interested teams and hoping to sign somewhere this offseason, reports Jon Heyman.
- Kurt Suzuki : The Chicago Cubs , Twins and Mariners have all been reported recently to have interest in the veteran catcher.
- Masahiro Tanaka: The coveted right-hander's current club, the Rakuten Golden Eagles, are reportedly set to make Tanaka an offer of roughly $8 million USD to stay in Japan for another season. Tanaka has previously expressed his desire to be posted and pitch in the U.S. starting in 2014.
- Michael Young : The Milwaukee Brewers , Los Angeles Dodgers and Rockies are all interested in Young at present. (Ken Rosenthal via Twitter)
- Diamondbacks: GM Kevin Towers says his team is still interested in two of the following three pitchers: Masahiro Tanaka, Ervin Santana and Matt Garza . (Jim Bowden via Twitter)
- Red Sox: Still have interest in bringing back SS Stephen Drew , tweets our own Jon Heyman.
- New York Yankees : Earlier this offseason, Shin-Soo Choo reportedly turned down a seven-year, $140-million offer from the Yanks. At this writing, Choo remains unsigned.
Our Latest Stories
Jones said USA used Puerto Rico championship shirts and parade plans as motivation for the...
Regarding the impact of the World Baseball Classic, the commish has a few things to say
The fourth installment of the WBC was an overwhelming success
First spring at-bat? No problem. Arrieta goes downtown to the tune of 465
The Yankees seem to be shooting down offers for veteran shortstops across the league
Fans in Puerto Rico are very proud of their players for their WBC effort