All you need to know: MLB rumors and news roundup for Nov. 14
We're another day deeper into the hot stove, so let's see what the scuttle is for Thursday.
The big news on Thursday was that Andrew McCutchen of the Pittsburgh Pirates won the National League MVP award, while the Detroit Tigers ' Miguel Cabrera took top honors in the American League. Also, the GMs' meetings in Orlando wrapped up, so let's take a look at the news and scuttle from the hot stove front ...
•Masahiro Tanaka's anticipated signing with an MLB team may be rendered impossible unless MLB and Japanese baseball officials are able to reach an agreement on a new posting system. Right now, things don't look promising.
•Owners have unanimously approved an expanded replay system for the 2014 season.
• Los Angeles Dodgers : According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo!, RHP Ricky Nolaso has four offers on the table that may range in total value between $50-62 million ... Speaking of Nolasco, the Dodgers still have interest in re-signing him, but MLB.com's Ken Gurnick reports that they're also checking out any number of other rotation options: Bartolo Colon , Ervin Santana , Matt Garza , Hiroki Kuroda , Ubaldo Jimenez and Bronson Arroyo , among them.
• Colorado Rockies : Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have interest in Mike Napoli , James Loney and Justin Morneau as a possible replacement for the retired Todd Helton .
• Boston Red Sox : A source tells Gordon Edes of the ESPN Boston that free agent SS Stephen Drew won't be returning to the Sox ... Jerry Crasnick tweets that the Sox, should Jacoby Ellsbury sign elsewhere, may have interest in OF Chris Young .
• Texas Rangers : Buster Olney tweets that the Rangers may be interested in bringing back Mike Napoli ... The Rangers also avoided arbitration with infielder Adam Rosales by signing him to a one-year, $750,000 contract and inked OF Brad Snyder to a minor-league deal.
• Atlanta Braves : Early estimates project that Cobb County will contribute $300 million toward the cost of the team's new ballpark, which is projected to cost a total of $672 million.
• San Francisco Giants : Again per Olney, the Giants are among the teams talking to Bronson Arroyo.
• Kansas City Royals : A source tells Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com that the Seattle Mariners may have interest in trading for DH Billy Butler .
• Miami Marlins : Per Ken Rosenthal on Twitter, there's some trade interest in 1B Logan Morrison .
• Washington Nationals : Have released 1B/3B Mauro Gomez so that he can sign with a team in Japan.
Our Latest Stories
The power hitter with the powerful arm missed election by just a few votes in 2017
Despite 555 career home runs, Ramirez has a complicated candidacy
Billy Wagner didn't get much love, either
We learned there were three new Hall of Famers on Wednesday. Here's the reaction
Rodriguez was emotional after finding out he was voted into the Hall of Fame
Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens made significant gains in the 2017 balloting, but what does that...