All you need to know: MLB rumors and news roundup for Nov. 15
What unfolded on Friday? Let's have a quick recap of goings-on and possible goings-on.
As we move one day closer to baseball's winter meetings, let's revisit at what happened on Friday and what might happen in the days to come ...
•As always, make your first stop at Jon Heyman's blog. He's got updates on which shortstops the St. Louis Cardinals might be eyeballing this offseason.
•MLB reportedly impeded the Florida Dept. of Health's investigation into the now-shuttered Biogenesis anti-aging clinic.
• Minnesota Twins : Mike Beradino of St. Paul Pioneer-Press reports that the Twins are believed to be interested in free agent RHP Ricky Nolaso ... According to ESPN 1500, the Twins have had at least cursory discussions with the agent of RHP Matt Garza .
• Philadelphia Phillies : Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish tweets that the Phillies are also pursuing Nolasco ... Jeff Passan tweets that Edward Mujica is among the setup men in which the Phillies are interested.
• Baltimore Orioles : Although MASN's Steve Melewski notes that a trade of J.J. Hardy and or Matt Wieters is possible, he expects each to be on the team's opening day roster ... Ken Rosenthal tweets that the O's might be interested in free agent OF Carlos Beltran ... Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun writes that the O's have talked to Nate McLouth 's agent about a long-term contract extension.
• Los Angeles Angels : Per MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez, 1B Albert Pujols says his surgically repaired foot is "99.9 percent" healed.
• Washington Nationals : According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, the Nats have interest in signing LHP Oliver Perez .
• San Francisco Giants : Mike Berardino tweets that the Giants may also be interested in Nolasco.
• New York Yankees : Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that the Yankees are interested in lefty reliever Javy Lopez, and that interest appears to be mutual. McCullough also writes that the Yanks have reached out to free agent closer Joe Nathan .
• Chicago Cubs : David Kaplan tweets that the Cubs and RHP Jeff Samardzija have had talks about a contract extension.
• New York Mets : According to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, the Mets are open to the idea of trading 2B Daniel Murphy this winter.
• Houston Astros : Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle writes that owner Jim Crane wouldn't rule out of the possibility of the Astros making a run at coveted Japanese RHP Masahiro Tanaka.
• Cincinnati Reds : Buster Olney tweets that catcher Ryan Hanigan is definitely going to be traded.
• Toronto Blue Jays : Signed veteran 1B Dan Johnson to a minor-league contract.
Chapman didn't help his case to win people over with some questionable comments
Young slugger Joey Gallo has been recalled from the minors
The hats will be for sale in Citi Field, too, as Piazza's number is retired
The teen was able to help his teammate until emergency medical personnel arrived
Rosenthal hasn't been very good this season, but that doesn't mean the Cardinals won't miss...
A-Rod is not expected to start the rest of the week