All you need to know: MLB rumors and news roundup for Nov. 18
Another day, another batch of scuttle and signings. Let's run down all you need to know for Monday.
Monday was a fairly active one in terms of actual news and hot stove rumors, so let's recap all you need to know for the day that was ...
- San Francisco Giants : Signed RHP Tim Hudson to a two-year, $23-million deal.
- Philadelphia Phillies : Signed C Carlos Ruiz to a three-year, $26-million contract.
- Cincinnati Reds : Reportedly agreed to terms with Skip Schumaker on a two-year contract.
- Colorado Rockies : The Rockies have inked RP LaTroy Hawkins to a contract that will pay him at least $2.5 million over one year. He'll serve as their closer to start 2014.
- New York Yankees : Sources tell our Jon Heyman that the Yankees have a deal in place with SS Brendan Ryan .
- Oakland Athletics : Ken Rosenthal tweets that the A's want to bring back Bartolo Colon but only on team-friendly terms.
- Milwaukee Brewers : MLB.com's Adam McCalvy writes that the Brewers could still make a move to re-sign Corey Hart or perhaps look to trade for New York Mets 1B Ike Davis .
- Los Angeles Dodgers : RHP Bronson Arroyo tells Jim Bowden that he has yet to receive an offer but has been contacted by the Dodgers, Minnesota Twins , Baltimore Orioles , Phillies and Los Angeles Angels ... Heyman tweets that the Dodgers have interest in re-upping with 3B Juan Uribe . Uribe, however, is seeking a three-year deal.
- Giants: RHP Josh Johnson reportedly prefers to sign with the Giants or San Diego Padres .
- Phillies - Per Rosenthal, the Phillies have interest in trading for Angels OF Pete Bourjos.
- Texas Rangers : Heyman reports that Texas right now appears to be more interested in Shin-Soo Choo than Jacoby Ellsbury .
- Rockies: Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors reports that RHP Roy Oswalt wants to pitch again in 2014 and is willing to consider a bullpen role ... Troy Renck tweets that the Rox are open to signing LHP Jorge De La Rosa to a contract extension.
- Detroit Tigers : Joe Nathan tells Jim Bowden that the Tigers, Yankees and Angels would all be good fits for him.
- Yankees: Heyman reports that the Yankees and free agent 2B Robinson Cano are still about $150 million apart in their negotiations. Cano is believed to be seeking a deal worth more than $300 million ... The Yanks are reportedly interested in free agent infielder Jhonny Peralta ... According to the New York Post, the Yankees may have interest in bringing back DH Raul Ibanez .
- Padres: The team announced that in 2014 Dave Roberts will serve as Bud Black's bench coach and Jose Valentin will be first base coach.
- Pittsburgh Pirates : Have promoted Jeff Branson to hitting coach.
- Tampa Bay Rays : The Rays have outrighted RHP Jeff Niemann off of the 40-man roster. Niemann subsequently opted for free agency.
- Tigers: Omar Vizquel will be the team's first base coach next season under first-year manager Brad Ausmus.
Our Latest Stories
Here's a look at the postseason race standings with five days left in the regular season
Epstein's initial contract was set to expire after this season
The heartbreak continued Wednesday with Fernandez's family and teammates on hand
Of course, Ventura still has to decide if he wants to return as manager
The hill will be eliminated from the playing surface at Minute Maid Park before next seaso...
The Hall has been honoring MLB's permanent ban of Rose for gambling on games