All you need to know: MLB rumors and news roundup for Nov. 19
Let's run down what's worth knowing from a fairly busy Tuesday.
Tuesday brought us a bit of action and another day closer to baseball's winter meetings, so let's recap everything that's worth knowing ...
- Cleveland Indians : Reportedly agreed to terms with OF David Murphy on a two-year deal with around $10 million.
- New York Mets : Signed 1B Brandon Allen to a minor-league contract.
- Washington Nationals : Re-signed RHP Chris Young to a minor-league contract, tweets Bill Ladson.
- San Diego Padres : Reportedly agreed to terms with RHP Josh Johnson on a one-year contract.
- Philadelphia Phillies : Have signed INF Reid Brignac to a minor-league deal, tweets Jim Salisbury ... The Phillies have interviewed Los Angeles Dodgers minor-league pitching coordinator Rafael Chaves for their pitching coach vacancy, tweets Ken Rosenthal.
- Pittsburgh Pirates : Traded LHP Kris Johnson to the Minnesota Twins for RHP Duke Welker.
- A pair of Cuban talents -- Right-handed pitcher Raicel Iglesias and shortstop Erisbel Arruebarruena -- have defected and will become free agents once they establish residency outside Cuba.
- Milwaukee Brewers : The Brewers, Boston Red Sox , Colorado Rockies and Tampa Bay Rays all appear to have some interest in 1B Corey Hart .
- San Francisco Giants : San Fran still has free agent RHP Bronson Arroyo on the radar, SiriusXM host Jim Bowden is told ... Andrew Baggarly tweets that the Giants hope to finalize a new contract with reliever Javier Lopez very soon ... Baggarly also tweets that the Giants are still in touch with RHP Ryan Vogelsong .
- Baltimore Orioles : Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the O's may have interest in rehabbing RHP and free agent Gavin Floyd .
- Red Sox: Boston has made contact with free agent OF Carlos Beltran .
- Chicago White Sox : Owner Jerry Reinsdorf tells WSCR in Chicago that 1B Paul Konerko is welcome to return in 2014 but that Konerko hasn't yet decided whether he's going to play another season.
- New York Yankees : The Yanks and Oriloles, in addition to the Red Sox (see above), are also interested in Carlos Beltran, tweets Nick Cafardo.
Our Latest Stories
Don't run on the field, people. Especially when Angel Pagan is in the house
Not that you thought otherwise, but Miggy's finishing up strong as the Tigers eye the post...
Bruce initially struggled after being traded to the Mets. He's not struggling now
Ortiz's two-run blast gave the Red Sox a 5-3 lead that would hold up, dealing the Blue Jays...
Here's a look at the postseason race standings with three days left in the regular season
GM John Mozeliak says the team probably isn't going to exercise their option on Holliday for...