All you need to know: MLB rumors and news roundup for Nov. 19
Let's run down what's worth knowing from a fairly busy Tuesday.
Tuesday brought us a bit of action and another day closer to baseball's winter meetings, so let's recap everything that's worth knowing ...
- Cleveland Indians : Reportedly agreed to terms with OF David Murphy on a two-year deal with around $10 million.
- New York Mets : Signed 1B Brandon Allen to a minor-league contract.
- Washington Nationals : Re-signed RHP Chris Young to a minor-league contract, tweets Bill Ladson.
- San Diego Padres : Reportedly agreed to terms with RHP Josh Johnson on a one-year contract.
- Philadelphia Phillies : Have signed INF Reid Brignac to a minor-league deal, tweets Jim Salisbury ... The Phillies have interviewed Los Angeles Dodgers minor-league pitching coordinator Rafael Chaves for their pitching coach vacancy, tweets Ken Rosenthal.
- Pittsburgh Pirates : Traded LHP Kris Johnson to the Minnesota Twins for RHP Duke Welker.
- A pair of Cuban talents -- Right-handed pitcher Raicel Iglesias and shortstop Erisbel Arruebarruena -- have defected and will become free agents once they establish residency outside Cuba.
- Milwaukee Brewers : The Brewers, Boston Red Sox , Colorado Rockies and Tampa Bay Rays all appear to have some interest in 1B Corey Hart .
- San Francisco Giants : San Fran still has free agent RHP Bronson Arroyo on the radar, SiriusXM host Jim Bowden is told ... Andrew Baggarly tweets that the Giants hope to finalize a new contract with reliever Javier Lopez very soon ... Baggarly also tweets that the Giants are still in touch with RHP Ryan Vogelsong .
- Baltimore Orioles : Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the O's may have interest in rehabbing RHP and free agent Gavin Floyd .
- Red Sox: Boston has made contact with free agent OF Carlos Beltran .
- Chicago White Sox : Owner Jerry Reinsdorf tells WSCR in Chicago that 1B Paul Konerko is welcome to return in 2014 but that Konerko hasn't yet decided whether he's going to play another season.
- New York Yankees : The Yanks and Oriloles, in addition to the Red Sox (see above), are also interested in Carlos Beltran, tweets Nick Cafardo.