EOB Podcast: Too many strikeouts
Chris Cwik and Dayn Perry discuss the increasing rate of strikeouts in baseball. They also talk about the Orioles, the MLB Draft and the Bobblehead Project.
Just in time for the weekend, we have a new episode of the podcast. In this episode, Chris Cwik and Dayn Perry discuss the increasing rate of strikeouts in baseball. They also talk about the Orioles, the MLB Draft and the Bobblehead Project. Research has shown this is the best podcast to listen to while grilling out with the family and having a cold one on a warm Saturday.*
- From the beginning: Some quick notes about the recent Biogenesis news. This is far from comprehensive, as the news broke literally two minutes before we recorded. Mike Axisa has a better rundown here.
- 4:20: A local pizza chain is giving out pizzas when the Reds strike out 11 batters. This is a bad idea, as strikeouts are higher than they've ever been in the game. We attempt to explain why strikeouts have increased.
- 10:00: The Orioles have called up Zach Britton to pitch out of the bullpen. He was supposed to be a future ace with Brian Matusz, Chris Tillman and Jake Arrieta. What happened?
- 15:30: Dylan Bundy is going to see Dr. James Andrews. Should that set off alarm bells? How big of a blow would it be if he misses time?
- 19:00: With the NFL Draft going on, we talk about how it relates to the MLB Draft. Is televising the MLB Draft a good idea?
- 23:10: Dayn talks about the Bobblehead Project and the process for coming up with ideas. He offers a tease for next week's bobblehead. You can see the most recent bobblehead here.
- Follow Dayn on Twitter at @daynperry. I can be found at @Chris_Cwik. You can listen to the podcast in our popout player, which can be found here.
- We would also encourage you to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and be sure to let us know what you think by leaving a comment in iTunes.
- This episode of the podcast runs just under 30 minutes.
* Research has not shown this.