MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for April 21
Monday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Monday, April 21 (click here for today's scores) ...
- Mets: Have called up OF Bobby Abreu to serve as a left-handed bat off the bench.
- Braves: Good news for the battered Atlanta rotation: LHP Mike Minor may be within days of his return. David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that Minor, who's been sidelined with with shoulder tendinitis, could join the Braves' rotation in time to start Saturday against the Reds.
- Pirates: LHP Wandy Rodriguez has been placed on the 15-day DL with right knee inflammation.
- Reds: LHP Aroldis Chapman, who's been sidelined since being struck in the face by a line drive late in spring training, will likely throw live batting practice on Wednesday, reports John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
- Rockies: OF Michael Cuddyer has been placed on the 15-day DL with a left hamstring strain.
L.A.'s not in the rush to trade him, so let's check in on how the embattled slugger is taking...
As many as 20 teams are expected to attend the workout
Harper wasn't satisfied with a strike-three call
Pittsburgh's playoff hopes take a hit even if Cole only misses one or two starts
Max Kepler made an ill-advised dive in right field
Replay confirmed Didi Gregorius avoided the tag with a swim move