MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for Aug. 30
Saturday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Monday, Aug. 4 (click here for today's scores) …
- Baltimore Orioles , Boston Red Sox : The Orioles acquired INFs Kelly Johnson and Michael Almanzar from the Red Sox in exchange for INFs Jemile Weeks and Ivan De Jesus.
- Orioles, Chicago White Sox : The Orioles acquired OF Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox in exchange for RHPs Mark Blackmar and Miguel Chalas.
- Arizona Diamondbacks : RHP Daniel Hudson (Tommy John surgery) will likely appear in a major-league game for the first time since 2012 on Tuesday or Wednesday. He'll work out of the bullpen. (Jack Magruder via Twitter)
- Los Angeles Dodgers : SS Hanley Ramirez (left leg) was back in the lineup on Saturday.
- San Francisco Giants : 1B Brandon Belt (concussion) is still at least 10 days from being able to resume baseball activities. (John Shea via Twitter)
- Orioles: 1B Steve Pearce is day-to-day with an abdominal strain.
- Texas Rangers : Activated LHP Derek Holland (knee) from the DL. He'll make his 2014 debut on Tuesday against the Kansas City Royals .
- Red Sox: 2B Dustin Pedroia left the game after taking an elbow to the head.
- Detroit Tigers : 1B Miguel Cabrera appeared to aggravate a right ankle injury and was removed from the game.
- New York Yankees : OF Jacoby Ellsbury (ankle) wasn't in the lineup on Saturday. MGR Joe Girardi says that if the rosters weren't about to expand, then Ellsbury would likely go on the DL. (Jack Curry via Twitter)
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Houston Astros , Minnesota Twins : The Astros claimed RHP Samuel Deduno off waivers from the Twins.
- Philadelphia Phillies : Jim Salisbury of CSN Philly writes that the Phillies would like to trade A.J. Burnett and Jonathan Papelbon before the August waiver period but that no-trade clauses and contract obligations make such deals unlikely.
- Rangers: Designated OF/1B Mike Carp for assignment.
- Red Sox: OF Rusney Castillo will make his minor-league debut on Sunday.
- Colorado Rockies : Troy Tulowitzki says he'd rather retire than move off shortstop to another position. (Patrick Saunders, Denver Post)