MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for June 1
Sunday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Sunday, June 1 (click here for today's scores) …
Our MLB insider writes that highly regarded draft prospect SS Nick Gordon recently worked out for the Philadelphia Phillies , who own the no. 7 pick. He's not likely to fall that far, though.
- Los Angeles Angels : OF Mike Trout 's stiff back is improving but he sat out a second straight game on Sunday. (Alden Gonzalez via Twitter)
- Miami Marlins : Have placed C Jarrod Saltalamacchia on the 7-day concussion DL.
- Baltimore Orioles : OF/DH Nelson Cruz is day-to-day after being struck on the left hand by a pitch from Scott Feldman on Sunday. X-rays were negative. Cruz suffered the injury in the third inning and was later removed from the game. It's possible he'll be back in the lineup on Tuesday against his former team, the Texas Rangers . (Roch Kubatko, MASN)
- Tampa Bay Rays : Have placed OF Wil Myers on the DL with a sprained right wrist.
- Boston Red Sox : Will place OF Mike Carp on the DL with a broken foot.
- Chicago White Sox : Will reportedly activate 1B Jose Abreu (ankle) from the DL on Monday.
- Pittsburgh Pirates , Marlins: The Pirates acquired the 39th overall pick in the upcoming MLB draft from the Marlins in exchange for RHP Bryan Morris .
- Pirates, Atlanta Braves : The Pirates claimed RHP Wirfin Obispo off waivers from the Braves.
- Kansas City Royals : Recalled 3B Mike Moustakas prior to Sunday's game.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Chicago Cubs : Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe speculates that the Red Sox, Rangers and then San Francisco Giants figure to be able to put together the most attractive trade package for RHP Jeff Samardzija .
- Los Angeles Dodgers : The team was reportedly warned in a letter from MLB about the slow pace of some of its pitchers.
- Marlins: MLB.com's Joe Frisaro writes that the Marlins are expected to make another deal of some kind in advance of Thursday's draft.
- Red Sox: SS Stephen Drew will reportedly join the active roster on Monday.
Replay confirmed Didi Gregorius avoided the tag with a swim move
The 2016 Little League World Series champions will be crowned Sunday
Votto has been one of baseball's most productive hitters since the mound was lowered in 19...
It came in a tight spot against the Cubs on Friday night
The Louisville Bats know how to make the best of a bad situation
He hit his 10th of the season against the Orioles on Friday night