MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for June 21
Saturday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within. Including news on Bryce Harper.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Saturday, June 21 (click here for today's scores) …
- Houston Astros : Top prospect SS Carlos Correa appeared to suffer a serious leg injury in a minor-league game on Saturday night.
- St. Louis Cardinals : Placed 2B Kolten Wong on the DL with left shoulder soreness.
- Miami Marlins : 2B Rafael Furcal (hamstring) is reportedly headed for the DL. (Joe Frisaro via Twitter)
- Washington Nationals : OF Bryce Harper , who's been sidelined since April with torn ligaments in his thumb, is slated to begin a minor-league rehab assignment on Monday, writes Isabelle Khurshudyan of the Washington Post. Manager Matt Williams has indicated he agrees with Harper's goal to play between seven and nine games before being activated in early July, barring setback.
- Baltimore Orioles : RHP Bud Norris was forced to leave his Saturday start because of groin tightness. However, as Mel Antonen tweets, Buck Showalter says the plan is to have Norris start Friday against the Tampa Bay Rays at home.
- New York Yankees : RHP Michael Pineda has suffered another setback in his recovery from a shoulder strain.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Los Angeles Angels : Released DH Raul Ibanez .
- Chicago Cubs : Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that the Cubs are the only committed deadline "sellers" at the present time.
- Arizona Diamondbacks : Announced the signing of RHP Touki Toussaint, the no. 16 overall pick in the recent MLB draft.
- San Diego Padres : According to Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com, the job of GM Josh Byrnes could be in danger.
- Cincinnati Reds : Designated OF Roger Bernadina for assignment.
Our Latest Stories
The retired slugger told some Miami students as much
The 24-year-old infielder is coming off a breakout 2016 season
A potential base-running blunder by Yankees outfielder Aaron Hicks turns into a master act...
The Detroit slugger will open the season on the disabled list
The Rays signed Wilson Ramos over the winter. Now they've added Derek Norris
Moncada discovered Twinkies at Walmart after leaving Cuba and eats up 85 a week