MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for June 23
Monday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Monday, June 23 (click here for today's scores) …
- Toronto Blue Jays : OF Jose Bautista is day-to-day with a hamstring strain.
- Washington Nationals : C Wilson Ramos (hamstring) is expected to come off the DL on Thursday. (Mark Zuckerman via Twitter)
- San Diego Padres : Have placed RHP Andrew Cashner on the DL with shoulder soreness.
- Philadelphia Phillies : LHP Cliff Lee (elbow) is scheduled to throw a third bullpen session on Tuesday, writes Corey Seidman of CSN Philly. Provided he suffers no setbacks, he'll throw simulated game on Saturday then may begin a one- or two-game minor-league rehab assignment. Lee still has a great deal of money left on his contract, but if he returns in time to get in a few starts before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, then he could elicit plenty of interest among contenders. That, of course, assumes that the Phillies want to trade him and that he's willing to accept a trade.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- St. Louis Cardinals : Will call up top pitching prospect LHP Marco Gonzales to make his MLB debut on Wednesday against the Colorado Rockies .
- New York Mets : The team may consider cutting bait on struggling outfielder Chris Young ... The Mets announced that they will recall C Travis D'Arnaud on Tuesday.
- Texas Rangers : A source tells Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News that GM Jon Daniels is busy trying to gauge the trade value of his "core-type" players on the roster.
- Boston Red Sox , Los Angeles Dodgers : According to WEEI, there's nothing developing when it comes to any rumored Red Sox-Dodgers trade involving Matt Kemp .
Our Latest Stories
Bruce initially struggled after being traded to the Mets. He's not struggling now
Ortiz's two-run blast gave the Red Sox a 5-3 lead that would hold up, dealing the Blue Jays...
Here's a look at the postseason race standings with three days left in the regular season
GM John Mozeliak says the team probably isn't going to exercise their option on Holliday for...
Big Papi will be playing the final regular season home series of his career this weekend
Price hasn't done a lot of winning in Cincy, but he'll be back in 2017