MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for June 23
Monday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Monday, June 23 (click here for today's scores) …
- Toronto Blue Jays : OF Jose Bautista is day-to-day with a hamstring strain.
- Washington Nationals : C Wilson Ramos (hamstring) is expected to come off the DL on Thursday. (Mark Zuckerman via Twitter)
- San Diego Padres : Have placed RHP Andrew Cashner on the DL with shoulder soreness.
- Philadelphia Phillies : LHP Cliff Lee (elbow) is scheduled to throw a third bullpen session on Tuesday, writes Corey Seidman of CSN Philly. Provided he suffers no setbacks, he'll throw simulated game on Saturday then may begin a one- or two-game minor-league rehab assignment. Lee still has a great deal of money left on his contract, but if he returns in time to get in a few starts before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, then he could elicit plenty of interest among contenders. That, of course, assumes that the Phillies want to trade him and that he's willing to accept a trade.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- St. Louis Cardinals : Will call up top pitching prospect LHP Marco Gonzales to make his MLB debut on Wednesday against the Colorado Rockies .
- New York Mets : The team may consider cutting bait on struggling outfielder Chris Young ... The Mets announced that they will recall C Travis D'Arnaud on Tuesday.
- Texas Rangers : A source tells Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News that GM Jon Daniels is busy trying to gauge the trade value of his "core-type" players on the roster.
- Boston Red Sox , Los Angeles Dodgers : According to WEEI, there's nothing developing when it comes to any rumored Red Sox-Dodgers trade involving Matt Kemp .