MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for June 6
Friday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Friday, June 6 (click here for today's scores) …
- St. Louis Cardinals : 2B Kolten Wong is day-to-day with a left shoulder injury. (Rick Hummel, St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- San Francisco Giants : RHP Matt Cain (hamstring) returned from the DL and notched a quality start against the New York Mets on Friday night.
- Cleveland Indians : C/3B Carlos Santana returned from the concussion DL on Friday.
- Mets: The team will not let RHP Matt Harvey , who's recovering from Tommy John surgery, throw from a mound on Tuesday as originally planned. They're slowing down the pace of his rehab.
- Baltimore Orioles : LHP Johan Santana will miss the rest of the 2014 season after suffering a torn Achilles' tendon ... The O's placed RHP Miguel Gonzalez on the DL with strained oblique. They've recalled Kevin Gausman to take his spot on the active roster.
- San Diego Padres : Have placed 2B Jedd Gyorko on the disabled list with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. Coming off a strong 2013 season in which he finished sixth in the NL Rookie of the Year balloting, Gyorko has disappointed badly in 2014: .162/.213/.270 with five home runs in 56 games. (Corey Brock via Twitter)
- Pittsburgh Pirates : Minor-league RHP Duke Welker underwent Tommy John surgery on Thursday. (Tom Singer via Twitter)
- Texas Rangers : LHP Derek Holland (knee surgery) says he could begin a minor-league rehab assignment soon provided a Monday test goes well. (Jeff Wilson via Twitter)
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Rangers: A source tells Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News that the Rangers may have interest in signing free agent 1B/DH Kendrys Morales . Our own Jon Heyman recently wrote about the Morales market.