MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for March 18
Tuesday's full spring training recap -- transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
On the MLB spring training front, here's all that's worth knowing for Tuesday, March 18 ...
- Our man in the chopper writes that Indians ace Justin Masterson still hasn't heard back from the team after making some (very reasonable) proposals for a contract extension. Masterson, 28, is eligible for free agency next offseason. Elsewhere, Heyman writes that Grady Sizemore is making a strong bid to be the Red Sox's starting center fielding on opening day.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Astros: Jayson Stark tweets that the Astros are interested in acquiring a first baseman via trade.
- Cardinals: The team has cut ties with longtime team medical director Dr. George Paletta, reports Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Pirates: Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes that the Pirates may be shopping OF Jose Tabata, reliever Vin Mazzaro and OF Travis Snider.
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Indians: Have signed RHP Adam Miller to a minor-league contract.
- Rangers: DH Mitch Moreland has a strained left oblique and may be forced to open the season on the DL ... T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com writes that SS Elvis Andrus has been shut down with a sore right elbow. He won't throw for at least the next three days and won't play before this weekend.
Our Latest Stories
Matz is heading for another checkup on his troublesome shoulder
Ramos has had a huge breakout season in 2016. Losing him would be a devastating loss for the...
In the previous five times they've won 100 games, the Cubs won the World Series just once
The Marlins made one final tribute to Jose Fernandez following Monday's game
Here's a look at the postseason race standings with seven days left in the regular season
The Indians are without two starting pitchers, a starting outfielder, and their starting c...