MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for May 10
Saturday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Saturday, May 10 (click here for today's scores) …
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Mariners: Have signed RHP Mike MacDougal to a minor-league contract.
- Mets: The Mets may soon move Jenrry Mejia to the bullpen. (David Lennon via Twitter)
- Brewers: 3B Aramis Ramirez strained his left hamstring on Saturday and may be headed for the disabled list. He's batting .240/.299/.355 on the season. (Tom Haudricourt via Twitter)
- Giants: Will likely go with Mike Morse as the regular first baseman as long as Brandon Belt is out with a broken thumb ... Matt Cain (lacerated hand) came off the DL and gave up two runs in five innings in an eventual loss to the Dodgers on Saturday.
- Mariners: OF Michael Saunders suffered a hyperextended left knee on Saturday. He's day-to-day.
- Nationals: Will place 1B Adam LaRoche on the 15-day DL with a right quad strain.
- Padres: 3B Chase Headley came off the DL and homered in the win over the Marlins.
- Pirates: OF Andrew McCutchen sat out Saturday's win over the Cardinals because of a "gimpy" right ankle. (Rob Biertempfel via Twitter) ... OF Starling Marte was lifted from Saturday's game because of back soreness.
- Twins: Top prospect OF Byron Buxton re-injured his left wrist while sliding on Saturday. He'll undergo an MRI. He missed the first month-plus of this season with a sprain of the same wrist. The consensus top prospect in baseball, Buxton has played just six games in 2014. (Jeff Passan via Twitter)
Our Latest Stories
It was earlier reported Trump was in talks to do so, but he declined the invitation
An Auburn softball player did not appreciate how UF coach Tim Walton appeared to shove her
Boston will be looking to repeat as AL East champs but make a deeper run in the postseason
Kazmir will begin the season on the DL
Tebow struck out twice against Scherzer and got a taste of an elite fastball
It seems unlikely Las Vegas will be atop MLB's list of destinations whenever they expand or...