MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for May 14
Wednesday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Wednesday, May 14 (click here for today's scores) …
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Braves: For the time being, the Braves will stick with a six-man rotation of Julio Teheran , Ervin Santana , Mike Minor , Gavin Floyd , Aaron Harang and Alex Wood . Wood sat out his last turn but will start Saturday against the Cardinals. The remaining starters will then take their turns. (Mark Bowman, MLB.com)
- Cubs: Have activated RHP Jose Veras from the DL.
- Dodgers: Have activated C A.J. Ellis from the DL.
- Marlins: Signed LHP Randy Wolf to a one-year contract.
- Mets: As our own Jon Heyman reported, the Mets have released RHP Kyle Farnsworth .
- White Sox: Have designated INF Jeff Keppinger for assignment.
- Giants: 3B Pablo Sandoval left Wednesday's game with an aggravated left toe. He's day-to-day. (Andrew Baggarly via Twitter)
- Indians: OF Michael Brantley left Wednesday's game with tightness in his back. He's day-to-day until further notice.
- Phillies: Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez , the Cuban right-hander whom the Phils signed last August, is ready to begin a minor-league rehab assignment. He's been shut down since the spring because of shoulder discomfort. (Chris Branch, Delware Online)
- Pirates: CL Jason Grilli says he's ready to return after throwing 24 pitches in a simulated game on Wednesday. (Travis Sawchik via Twitter)
- Rangers: LHP Martin Perez has been placed on the DL with what turned out to be a partially torn UCL. He could be facing Tommy John surgery ... LHP Matt Harrison has been placed on the DL with a lower back injury. He could be facing spinal-fusion surgery that could jeopardize his career.
- Rays: 2B Ben Zobrist left Wednesday's game with a dislocated left thumb. A trip to the DL is a possibility.
- Reds: LHP Tony Cingrani (shoulder) will likely start Sunday or Monday of next week. (John Fay via Twitter)
- Yankees: LHP CC Sabathia has "degenerative changes" in his right knee and is presently undergoing treatment. He's on the 15-day DL.