MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for May 15
Thursday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Thursday, May 15 (click here for today's scores) …
- Our MLB insider reports that the Dodgers and SS Hanley Ramirez have been discussing a potential contract extension for several weeks. While exact parameters aren't known, it's certain that Ramirez is seeking something well into the nine figures. The 30-year-old is eligible for free agency next winter.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Yankees: Ken Davidoff of the New York Post writes that the Yankees seem likely to try to make a significant addition to the rotation leading up to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.
- Giants: RHP Tim Hudson will miss his scheduled start on Friday because of a strained left hip. At this time, there are no plans to put Hudson on the DL. This season, the 38-year-old Hudson has pitched to a 2.09 ERA after eight starts. (Andrew Baggarly, CSN Bay Area)
- Marlins: Our own Jon Heyman writes that RHP Jose Fernandez will undergo Tommy John surgery on Friday in Los Angeles.
- Mets: Have placed C Travis D'Arnaud on the 7-day concussion DL.