MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for May 20
Tuesday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Tuesday, May 20 (click here for today's scores) …
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Reds: Signed RHP Jair Jurrjens to a minor-league contract.
- Cardinals: As expected, the Cards on Tuesday activated reliever Jason Motte (Tommy John surgery) from the DL.
- Dodgers: Our own Jon Heyman has the details on Miguel Olivo's allegedly biting off a piece of teammate Alex Guerrero's ear during a dugout altercation.
- Mets: RHP Matt Harvey (Tommy John surgery) is hoping to see MLB game action at some point in August. Of course, it remains to be seen whether the Mets are interested in such an aggressive time-table.
- White Sox: LHP Chris Sale (elbow) could be activated in time to start against the Yankees at some point during the four-game series that starts Thursday in Chicago. (Dan Hayes, CSN Chicago) ... Closer Matt Lindstrom has hit the DL with an ankle injury.
RUMORS & SPECULATION
- Diamondbacks: Peter Gammons tweets that if/when new D-backs exec Tony La Russa gets around to replacing GM Kevin Towers, then current Cardinals director of player development Gary LaRocque could be a candidate to replace him.
Our Latest Stories
Kipnis hurt his ankle in an odd fashion, but should be fine for Game 1
Here's how the Cubs wound up cursed
The Cubs drafted only four players on their postseason roster
Trevor Bauer and Josh Tomlin will split Games 2 and 3
It's Theo Epstein and Terry Francona!
Andrew Miller and the rest of the Indians' ridiculous bullpen could take over